When troubleshooting an issue, Mattermost Support may ask you to upload a HAR file. A HAR file is a JSON-formatted archive file format for logging of a web browser's interaction with a site. A HAR file enables Mattermost Support to see the network requests being sent from your browser when a reported issue occurs.
The process for gathering a HAR file differs based on your browser.
- In Google Chrome, go to the page where you're experiencing an issue.
- Look for the vertical ellipsis button, then select More Tools > Developer Tools.
- From the open panel, select the Network tab.
- Look for a round Record button in the upper left corner of the tab, and make sure it's red. If it's grey, select it once to start recording.
- Check the box Preserve log.
- Select the Clear button to clear out any existing logs tab.
- Reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while recording the network requests.
- Once you have reproduced the issue, select Export HAR, and save the HAR file somewhere convenient.
- In Firefox, go to the page where you're experiencing an issue.
- Select the Firefox menu in the top-right of your browser window, then select Web Developer > Network.
- The Developer Network Tools opens as a docked panel at the side or bottom of Firefox. Select the Network tab.
- The recording begins when you start performing actions in the browser.
- Reproduce the issue. Once you see all of the actions generated in the Developer Network Panel, right-click anywhere under the File column, then select Save all as Har, and save the HAR file somewhere convenient.