I’m missing some notifications on my mobile app
By default, you only receive push notifications when your availability is Away or Offline See the status and availability documentation for details.
If you use Mattermost on both the desktop and mobile app, but are often away from your desktop computer, we recommend you set your notification preferences as Online, away or offline so you’re always notified on mobile regardless of availability.
I’m not receiving mobile notifications at all
Your device settings could be impacting your Mattermost notifications.
- Is your mobile device in “Do Not Disturb” mode?
- Have you enabled Mattermost mobile notifications?
- Review your Mattermost notification preferences.
If mobile and Mattermost notification preferences are set up correctly, contact your Mattermost administrator to verify that Mattermost mobile push notifications are enabled for your Mattermost workspace.
I’m missing some notifications on my desktop app
By default, you only receive desktop notifications for mentions, direct messages, and responses to threads you’re following.
To be notified of all messages, select For all activity.
If you have collapsed reply threads disabled, you will be notified For all activity by default.
I’m not receiving desktop notifications at all
Your device setting could be impacting your Mattermost notifications.
- Is your desktop in “Do Not Disturb” mode?
- Does your desktop have “Focus Mode” enabled? It could be blocking notifications from Mattermost.
- Have you enabled notifications for Mattermost, and are notifications set to be delivered immediately?
- Review your Mattermost notification preferences to verify that your notification preferences are set to either Only for mentions and direct messages or For all activity.
I’m missing some email notifications
By default, you only receive email notifications when you are offline or away for more than 5 minutes. See the status and availability documentation for details.
I’m not receiving email notifications at all
Verify that your Email Notifications setting is set to “Immediately”.
If your settings is correct and you continue to not receive email notifications:
- Check your Junk or Spam folders.
- [For GSuite / Gmail]: If you have setup a Promotions or Social folder, check if your Mattermost emails are there.
If your Mattermost admin has enabled email batching, you can customize how often you receive batches of email notifications. Notifications received between batches will be combined and sent in the next email.
I didn’t get notified of a new post in a channel
By default, you’re notified when you’re @mentioned in a message or thread, or a thread you’re following has a new response. For all other messages, the channel will be highlighted to indicate unread messages.
I didn’t get notified of a response in a thread
By default, you will only be notified in threads that you are following. See the organize conversations using collapsed reply threads documentation for details.
If you’d like to be notified for all new posts in a channel, you can automatically follow all new threads in a channel by configuring channel notifications. This is available by selecting the channel drop-down, selecting Notification Preferences, then enabling the Auto-follow all new threads in this channel option).